Welcome to Joyce Colburn Therapy
I am a caring and pragmatic problem solver who will listen closely and partner with you to resolve your issues and help you move forward with your life. I have over 20 years of experience treating clients with depression (including postpartum), anxiety, marital and family issues, career and life transitions, pre-teen and adolescent issues (for both children and parents), and issues concerning the elderly. I also treat alcohol and drug abuse and post-traumatic stress (PTSD). Please call me for a free phone consultation to find out how I can help you.
I have helped hundreds of clients successfully work through depression, anxiety, and marital and family issues. In my 20-plus years of practice, I have developed an empathic approach, focusing on my clients’ immediate need to restore emotional stability, while developing a realistic plan tailored to each person’s concerns.
From the moment you walk into my office, we begin working on your specific issue(s). We focus quickly on your reasons for seeking therapy and together, as partners, we move forward to develop a plan that will enable you to start feeling better.
Have you found yourself experiencing any of these thoughts or feelings?
- My partner and I are arguing all the time. We could use some marriage counseling.
- I’m drinking more than usual, and I’m worried I might be an alcoholic.
- My boss doesn’t like me, and my career is going nowhere. I need to make some changes.
- My children aren’t behaving and don’t listen to me about anything.
- I can’t sleep.
- I’m always anxious, and I can’t seem to focus or make decisions. I keep procrastinating.
- I think we might need family therapy.
- I’m thinking about getting a divorce,
- I know I need a therapist but I feel overwhelmed, and I don’t want to talk to a stranger.
- I’m constantly irritated and angry with everyone around me.
- My child graduated from college and doesn’t have a job yet.
- I think I may be depressed.
- I have a feeling my teenager is using drugs.
- I’m wondering if couples therapy might help my marriage.
- I just lost my job.
- My elderly parents are consuming more and more of my time,
- I feel lonely and isolated and can’t seem to make or connect with friends.
- I need grief counseling and support.
- I’m really unhappy in my relationship.
- I just want to feel better.